A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25
The Deacons are ordained Christian servants available for a variety of caring support throughout the community. Their mission is to minister to those in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress, both within and outside the community of faith. If you are in need of Deacon services or would be interested in assisting with this ministry, you may email the church office or call (732) 223-4627. Below are some of the Deacon ministries.
- Caring for church-family shut-ins by visits, mailing out church bulletins, and sending notes and cards as way of communicating the church’s concern for them and to reassure them that they are not forgotten
- Recording an inspirational message each day that is available by phoning 732-223-Lord. They also record worship services to share with shut-ins.
- Sponsoring blood drives
- Respond to the special needs of the church family by preparing and hosting receptions during periods of bereavement, providing meals to families in crisis, arranging needed transportation for shopping or medical appointments.
- Preparation of elements for Communion services, cleaning after Communion, and the meticulous maintenance of all communion ware.
- Delivery of flowers to members, friends or relatives of the church family as expressions of love and concern for the sick and the bereaved and also to convey congratulations, thanks, etc. Rosebuds are delivered to families of newborns and poinsettias and lilies are delivered at Christmas and Easter, respectively.
- Provide greeters for all church services throughout the year.
- Work with the Manasquan Food Pantry to provide Easter Baskets for children of food pantry clients.